Last month, we introduced the Startup Asia event happening in Singapore in May later this year.
As part of the event highlights, the Startup Arena will welcome several startups who will all be competing for a prize of $10 000.
Among the submissions, the Startup Arena judges will nominate 10 – 15 of the best startup prototypes to pitch their project professionally and answer a series of relevant questions.
The event’s aim is to encourage and search for new and unknown startups that came up with brilliant ideas within Asia, including Bitcoins, Dating, and E-Commerce for example.
Last year, the startup “Lots of Buttons” won the $10 000 prize. The judges appreciated the potential of this specialist e-commerce site. The startup won also an invitation to Global Brain’s annual GBAF event with free flights and accommodation provided for the two adults.
The top winner also received a complimentary mini booth at the Global Mobile International Congress in Beijing, and the top 3 winners received a pair of full conference tickets to the GMIC.
This year, Startup Arena will welcome the following judges :
- Willson Cuaca – Co-founder and managing partner of East Ventures
- Paul Srivorakul – Co-founder & Executive Chairman of Ardent Capital
- Peng T. Ong – Director of Banean Holdings
- Khailee Ng – Venture Partner of 500 Startups
- Shirley Wong – Chairman of Singapore Infocomm Technology Federation and Managing Partner of TNF Ventures Pte Ltd
- Chris Evdemon – Partner of Innovation Works
The judging criteria have been announced as following :
- Verbal clarity in pitches
- Demo/video demonstration (In English, a week-by-week training will help you to perfect your pitch)
- Level of innovation
- Practicality of the product
- Investing potential of the startup
If you are a Startup from Cambodia and are interested in entering the Arena, Geeks in Cambodia is happy to giveaway 3 Startup passes to allow local Startups the opportunity to take their project to the next level!
Contact us through email@example.com, and remember that the deadline for submitting your Startup is on March 31st 2014!
For those who want to attend the event, you can register here now with an early bird discount of 15% until March 24th.
Edited by Cally Cheung