Social Innovation Camp Asia is a very special event we’re happy to share with our readers today. Although it will take place in september only, it mattered to talk about it now so that people interested in the concept could get ready asap.
As SICA 2012 took place in Kuala lumpur, the 2013 edition will happen in both Manilla and Kuala Lumpur.
The concept of this event is the following : “Where good hearted geeks with great ideas come together“.
In other words, this event welcomes participants with mostly tech backgrounds, willing to develop social-focused projects. For example, one of the last year winners, Blood Donors Network, is an online network that aims at increasing the blood supply in Asia, and making sure everyone can access as safe and adequate level of blood type.
Basically, all projects bridging tech with social innovation or social impact can be presented during the event.
Last year winner, ThatApp, received the following prizes :
- RM5,000 to take their idea to the next step
- USD$12,000 hosting over a year from Softlayer
- Free membership at the Hub Singapore
- 1 month free co-working space at Nook
- 20 free hours of administrative outsourcing services provided by GVS
- Adspace and publicity via the Malaysiakini online portal
- Various types of mentoring
- 1 year free subscription to idN magazine.
Session in Manilla will be organized by Webgeek.ph, and will run from 13th to 15th of september. Ideas can be submitted until august 2nd.
This event can be a great way to get your social good project started, and to meet a lot of people focused on similar issues. It can be a good opportunity to grow your network, as well as meeting potential ventures, and moreover to learn more about social innovation and tech !
Here is a quick introduction of last year event :