We are just one month from Emtech Sigapore, a technology conference hosted by MIT’s Technology Review magazine.
The conference will take place in Marina Bay Sands and on January 20th and 21st early next year. The event will feature an awesome panel of speakers among which will be :
These experts from the tech community will give the inside track on the technologies and businesses that are disrupting industries, creating entirely new markets and changing society.
We previously talked about 10 regional finalists whom would be pickedfor the wards, and would be celbrated during the conference in Singapore, Emtech recently released the names of the finalists from Southeast Asia and Australia/New Zealand for the 13th annual MIT Technology Review magazine’s 35 Innovators under 35 :
1. Juliana Chan, Singapore, for her work in engineering targeted hybrid polymeric-lipid nanoparticles that cling to artery walls and slowly release medicine.
2. Dr. Michael Hochberg, Singapore, for his work in Silicon Phototonics.
3. Goh Ai Ching, Malaysia, co-founder of Piktochart, a web application allowing to create infographics.
4. Dr. Iqbal Mudasser, Singapore, co-founder of Visenti Pte Ltd, a company that enables water efficiencies in water utilities.
5. Matthew Hill, Australia, for his work to develop a highly-porous Metal Organic Framework (MOF) that, almost uniquely, is stable and able to filter substances in water.
6. Nripan Mathews, Singapore, for work in the discovery of perosvskite, a solar material.
7. Suranga Chandima Nanayakkara, Singapore, for his work designing innovative devices for audio-visually impaired people.
8. Desmond Loke, Singapore, for his work developing a new method using priming to speed up phase-change memory in technology.
9. Yang Zhi, Singapore, for his work in neural recording.
10. Yuttanant Boonyongmaneerat, Thailand, for his zinc based coating technology to reduce corrosion problems.
During the conference, the finalists will present a 3 minute-pitch about their technological innovation to the audience.
These finalists are eligible for the global list, for which 35 Innovators under 35 years will be celebrated at the EmTech 2014 event held in Boston, Massachusetts.
The global winners will be showcased in the September/October 2014 issue of the magazine, and online at www.technologyreview.com/tr35.