Definitely a highly anticipated event in our books, especially to see what Smart’s sponsorship had contributed to Barcamp’s activities. And as always, this edition happening at the beautiful, coastal Kampot did not disappoint.
With 20 invited speakers that came from bustling Phnom Penh and tranquil Kampot, the diversity in speakers gave rise to a total of 35 conference topics.
Participants listening attentively during a conference
The top 10 topics in this edition held at Regional Polytechnic Institute Techo Sen Kampot were:
- Overview of Business Canvas Model by Mr. Pha Sina, Co-Founder of Adoredbiz
- Understanding of the Startup Ecosystem in Cambodia and the Region by Mr. Be Chantra, Co-Founder Emerald HUB
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Small Business by Mr. Be Chantra, Co-Founder of Emerald HUB
- Young Entrepreneur Startup by Mr. Meng Edet, Founder of Mungkolkar
- Creating WordPress websites for Facebook Instant Article by Mr. Meng Edet, Founder of Mungkolkar
- Facebook Marketing Strategy for Small Business by Mr. Nhem Chhordaren, IT Assistant Manager of IDP
- The Tourism Business Opportunity in Kampot by Mr. Sen Vannak, Co-Founder TOSDERLENG
- Eco-Friendly Packaging Concept by Hourt Ly Founder Creative Plus
- Earn Money from the Internet by Tholthoeun Chansovann, Web Developer at Xinwei Cambodia
- Photography with Mobile Phone by ChhunlengBovy
These interesting topics that covered business, tech, startups, entrepreneurship and even skills such as photography drew in a successful turnout of over 250 participants for the event.
With only 15 local volunteers on board, the smooth operations of this long-running annual event showcases the experience of its organisers, and is no wonder that it is supported by not only Smart Axiata, but also EZECOM and Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport.
We definitely look forward to what the subsequent BarCamps have lined up for us. We are sure it’ll deliver just as enriching content, so do check out Barcamp’s newly revamped website here: http://www.barcampcambodia.org/ to not miss an update about this event.