In the first weekend of May, two great things happened – the anticipated start of Barcamp Kampong Cham 2017 came on Saturday and was followed by a successful end on Sunday.
The first day of registrations at BarCamp Kampong Cham 2017
Held at the University of Management and Economics, the two-day BarCamp drew in an outstanding crowd of over 250 participants, all of which had the opportunity to listen to conferences hosted by 22 speakers from the city of Phnom Penh and Kampong Cham.
These speakers shared a total of 36 hot topics ranging from entrepreneurial skills to the use of technology in businesses.
The most popular topics were:
- 5 points to consider before opening a shop or restaurant by Mr. Seila, Owner of BongHouse Pub
- Young Entrepreneur Startup by Mr. Meng Edet, Founder of Mungkolkar
- Business Canvas Model by Mr. Pha Sina, Co-Founder of Adoredbiz
- Facebook Marketing Strategy for Small Business by Mr. Nhem Chhordaren, IT Assistant Manager of IDP
- How to Create Short Films Using Your Mobile Phone by Suy Sokunthea Assistant Producer, BBC Action
- Entrepreneurship’s Skill by Mr. Oa Kim An, Founder of SPA Massage
- Startup Financial Plan by Ms Chea Mara, General Manager, Emerald HUB
- Sale Techniques for Selling Skills by Mrs Yim Vanne, Founder of Anne Art
- Google Local Guide for Small Business by Mr. Muon Chamnan, Community Moderator of Phnom Penh Local Guide
- Earn Money from the Internet by Tholthoeun Chansovann, Web Developer at Xinwei Cambodia
The local volunteers and esteemed speakers of BarCamp Kampong Cham 2017
BarCamp Kampong Cham 2017 was supported by the Ministry of Education Youth and Sport, Smart Axiata, and Ezecom, and had 12 local volunteers helping them facilitate activities.
Year after year, Barcamp Cambodia has consistently produced successful conferences that help enrich the scene across the Kingdom, and there is not a doubt in our minds that the following BarCamp will host a spectacular lineup of speakers and topics, just as BarCamp Kampong Cham did!
To stay up to date about when the next BarCamp is coming, subscribe to our newsletter (on the top left, just next to contact) and you’ll never miss another tech event again!